Local farmers and local chefs pair up in support of sustainable agriculture
Published March 28, 2022
Farm and Ranch Freedom Alliance and the Council for Healthy Food Systems announce a special event to support our efforts to advocate for independent family farmers and ranchers, and to provide educational programs to farmers and the consumers who buy their products.
On Thursday, Oct. 20, 2022, the first-ever Chefs for Local Farmers dinner takes place on the historic, riverside grounds of UTSA Southwest Campus (formerly the Southwest School of Art).
Distinguished local chefs will be on hand to prepare foods from ingredients grown by Texas’ independent ranchers and farmers.
We know this will be a special evening for anyone who cares about the integrity and quality of their food.
Our list of featured chefs continues to grow, but currently confirmed are:
- James Canter of Guerrilla Gourmet
- Chris Carlson of The Maverick
- Sonya Cote of Austin’s Eden East and Hillside Farmacy and her new Bastrop restaurant, Store House
- Elizabeth Johnson of Pharm Table
- Jesse “Kirk” Kuykendall of Ocho at Hotel Havana and Milpa Restaurant
- Anne Ng of Bakery Lorraine
- Jenn Riesman of Hotel Emma
- Stephen Paprocki owner of Gunslingers and Pharma from the Farm; executive chef
- Joe Saenz of Swine House
- Mariah Scott of Houston acclaim
- Michael Sohocki of 5 Points, Il Forno, Kimura
- Ceasar Zepeda of Sangria on the Burg and Alamo Biscuit Company
Each chef will be paired with at least one independent family farmer to create small plates that excel at highlighting each chef’s strengths, each farmer’s passion for sustainably grown food, and look and taste amazing!
These are a few of the Texas farmers, ranchers, and local food artisans providing ingredients:
Tickets are available at a number of levels and are all-inclusive. Be sure to bookmark this page to watch our chefs’ list grow and to discover which farmers’ ingredients each chef will be utilizing.
Interesting in underwriting part of this event? Please contact Lindsay Gonzales, Development Director for FARFA and CHFS.