Fighting for food freedom.
Farm and Ranch Freedom Alliance (FARFA) is a national organization that supports independent family farmers and protects a healthy and productive food supply for American consumers. FARFA promotes common sense policies for local, diversified agricultural systems.
FARFA advocates on behalf of the thousands of small-scale farmers and ranchers who produce food using sustainable/regenerative methods, which means we also work for the millions of consumers who care about protecting traditional rights and freedoms … people like you.
Farm and Ranch Freedom Alliance and the Council for Healthy Food Systems are hosting an inaugural Chefs for Local Farmers Feast in San Antonio, Thursday evening, October 20, 2022! Join 25+ local chefs and farmers who will team up to provide extraordinary food and drinks, all to benefit both FARFA and CHFS. Tickets are now available!
FARFA is here to help you make a difference. We can help you …
- Stay informed on the issues affecting your farms and your food.
- Build skills and gather resources you need to make change at the state and national legislative level.
- Get involved and support the work we do to protect our rights and local food systems.
We have a record of success at the national level as well as in Texas, where we are based. With the support of our members, allies, and friends, our achievements include:
- We led the fight against National Animal Identification System regulations that would have created massive bureaucracy, raised the cost of food, and interfered with private ownership of livestock, poultry, and horses.
- We got a key amendment to the federal Food Safety Modernization Act to exempt small-scale local producers from regulations that would have driven them out of business.
- During the most recent Texas Legislative Session, we worked to pass 2 new bills in support of a more sustainable food system, including one that empowered the Texas State Soil & Water Conservation Board to pursue federal funding to provide education and incentives for farmers to improve soil health.
- FARFA, along with its educational arm, the Council for Healthy Food Systems, hosts an annual Southern Family Farmers & Food Systems Conference (previously called the Farm & Food Leadership Conference), gathering hundreds of producers, advocates, local food enthusiasts, chefs, and homesteaders for 3 days of learning, sharing, and networking.