Fighting for food freedom.
Farm and Ranch Freedom Alliance (FARFA) is a national organization that supports independent family farmers and protects a healthy and productive food supply for American consumers. FARFA promotes common sense policies for local, diversified agricultural systems.
FARFA advocates on behalf of the thousands of small-scale farmers and ranchers who produce food using sustainable/regenerative methods, which means we also work for the millions of consumers who care about protecting traditional rights and freedoms … people like you.
- Stay informed on the issues affecting your farms and your food.
- Build skills and gather resources you need to make change at the state and national legislative level.
- Get involved and support the work we do to protect our rights and local food systems.
What FARFA has accomplished.
We have a record of success at the national level as well as in Texas, where we are based. With the support of our members, allies, and friends, our achievements include:
- We led the fight against National Animal Identification System regulations that would have created massive bureaucracy, raised the cost of food, and interfered with private ownership of livestock, poultry, and horses.
- We got a key amendment to the federal Food Safety Modernization Act to exempt small-scale local producers from regulations that would have driven them out of business.
- During the most recent Texas Legislative Session, we worked to pass 2 new bills in support of a more sustainable food system, including one that empowered the Texas State Soil & Water Conservation Board to pursue federal funding to provide education and incentives for farmers to improve soil health.
- FARFA, along with its educational arm, the Council for Healthy Food Systems, hosts an annual Southern Family Farmers & Food Systems Conference (previously called the Farm & Food Leadership Conference), gathering hundreds of producers, advocates, local food enthusiasts, chefs, and homesteaders for 3 days of learning, sharing, and networking.