Tips on Effective Activism:
- Why Meet With Your Legislators?
- Successful Meetings With Your Legislators
- Writing Letters to the Editor (LTEs)
Find Out Who Represents You:
- U.S. House of Representatives: www.house.gov or call (202) 224-3121
- U.S. Senate: www.senate.gov or call (202) 224-3121
- Texas State Legislators: www.fyi.legis.state.tx.us or call (512) 463-4630
Spread the Word with Educational Materials and Flyers:
If you have problems downloading these materials, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (254) 697-2661. FARFA also has trifold brochures available with general information. Please contact us to request hard copies.
- Animal ID Update (Winter 2012)
- Federal Food Safety Modernization Act (Winter 2012)
- Texas Local Foods Bills (Winter 2012)
- Texas Raw Milk (Winter 2012)
- How To’s: The Western Organization of Resource Councils has an excellent series of How To’s, from how to speak in public to how to recruit members to how to develop a winning strategy – www.worc.org/HowToGuides
- Grassroots Activism: This website has a lot of good, practical suggestions for how to organize a grassroots movement, including specific tools on fighting genetically engineered crops – www.geaction.org/toolkit.html