Published June 13, 2022
The Farm and Ranch Freedom Alliance is a nonprofit organization that advocates for small farmers and local food producers. The Council for Healthy Food Systems is FARFA’s sister nonprofit that educates consumers, farmers, and policy makers on healthy food systems.
FARFA and CHFS are looking for an energetic, conscientious, and detail-oriented individual, who enjoys making a positive difference, to work as a part-time administrative assistant. The position can be either on-site at our office in Cameron, Texas, or remote in Austin, Texas.
- Membership management: Enter new memberships and renewals into database; run reports as needed; manage fulfillment of membership benefits.
- Administrative: Open mail, deposit checks, arrange payment of invoices.
- Member support and outreach: Respond to inquiries about FARFA’s work via phone and email; initiate emails to farmers and other potential members.
- Manage the printing, stuffing, and addressing of quarterly newsletter and fundraising appeals.
- Provide support for special events, including making hotel reservations and catering arrangements, and coordinating volunteers.
- Attention to detail and ability to enter data accurately is a top priority.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage projects without supervision.
- Proficient in MS Word (including mail merges), Excel, email, internet.
- Strong customer service and communication skills, over the phone and email.
- Can handle sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality.
PREFERRED ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Familiar with website content management systems, e.g. WordPress.
- Familiar with contact management databases, particularly with running lists and data hygiene.
HOURS AND PAY
This is a part-time position split between the two organizations, totaling 10-15 hours/week on average. Pay range is $14-$16/hr.
The job can be done either in our office in Cameron, Texas, or from home by someone in Austin, Texas. (The geographic limitations are related to the physical mail needs.)
Please send resume and cover letter to: Judith@FarmAndRanchFreedom.org
Posted June 9, 2022. Resumes will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Learn more at www.FarmAndRanchFreedom.org and www.HealthyFoodSystems.org
We encourage applications from Black and Indigenous people and other people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women, LGBTQ+ people, and other people from marginalized communities.
The Farm and Ranch Freedom Alliance and Council for Healthy Food Systems are equal opportunity employers. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.