Farm and Ranch Freedom Alliance (FARFA) is a national organization that supports independent family farmers and protects a healthy and productive food supply for American consumers. FARFA promotes common sense policies for local, diversified agricultural systems.
FARFA is an advocate for independent farmers, ranchers, livestock owners, and homesteaders, as well as the consumers who support family farmers. By protecting independent producers, we protect the safety, quality, and availability of our food.
FARFA works to:
- Protect small food growers and producers from burdensome food safety laws, as we succeeded in doing with the Tester-Hagan amendment to the Federal Food Safety Modernization Act;
- Encourage grassroots activism nationwide for common-sense food and agricultural policies that support local food systems;
- Lead legislative efforts in Texas to reduce both financial and regulatory burdens on small farmers and improve access to local foods, including raw milk, for consumers;
- Educate farmers, consumers, and legislators about the dangers of genetically engineered crops, including filing legal briefs to support farmers threatened by corporate agribusinesses;
- Take action to reverse the consolidation of our food system by large corporations.
What YOU can do:
Stay informed on the issues affecting our farm and food system, gather the resources you need to make change at the state and national legislative level, and donate to support the work that we do.