11th Annual Farm and Food Leadership Conference
September 24-26, 2017 | Historic Downtown McKinney
111 N. Tennessee St., McKinney, TX 75069
The Farm & Food Leadership Conference moves to North Texas for the first time in its 11-year history. Check back frequently as sessions, speakers, and pre-conference workshops continue to be added.
Do you want to …
Get the latest news about sustainable farming and local foods?
Connect with other people who are passionate about these issues?
Be able to make a difference for the future of local agriculture?
Then join us at this year’s Farm & Food Leadership Conference
on September 24-26 in McKinney, Texas!
This unique conference focuses on the policies and regulations affecting our farms and our food as well as the latest developments in sustainable agriculture. Whether you are a farmer, consumer, chef, local foods business owner, or nonprofit advocate, you will find useful information and tools to help support the growth of the local and sustainable food movement.
Click on the menu links above for all the details on the program, speakers, how to register, and more!
- In-depth pre-conference workshops to help farmers and producers with practical solutions such as how to form a successful co-op and food safety for produce growers.
- Top speakers on a variety of topics including nutrition, sustainable sourcing at restaurants and retailers, food waste, water policy, farm support programs, GMOs, food freedom, and more.
- Keynote speaker Fred Kirschenmann, President of Stone Barns Center for Food & Agriculture, and Distinguished Fellow at the Leopold Center for Sustainable Agriculture, Iowa State University.
- Networking with individuals and businesses who care about our local farms and food
- An on-farm dinner, prepared by local chefs from food grown by local farmers.
Farm & Ranch Freedom Alliance
QUESTIONS? Contact Teresa@farmandranchfreedom.org or call (254) 697-2661.
Watch the video created by the Food Studies Project at the University of Texas at Austin from the 2012 conference: