10th Annual Farm and Food Leadership Conference
September 25-27, 2016 | Bastrop Convention & Exhibit Center | Bastrop, Texas
1408 Chestnut Street, Bastrop, TX 78602
Thanks to everyone who made the 2016 Conference such a success! Check back here soon for news about our 2017 Conference. In the meantime, here’s what happened at the most recent event.
Do you want to …
Get the latest news about sustainable farming and local foods?
Connect with other people who are passionate about these issues?
Be able to make a difference for the future of local agriculture?
Then join us at this year’s Farm & Food Leadership Conference
on September 25-27 in Bastrop, Texas!
This unique conference focuses on the policies and regulations affecting our farms and our food. Whether you are a farmer, consumer, chef, local foods business owner, or nonprofit advocate, you will find useful information and tools to help support the growth of the local and sustainable food movement.
Click on the menu links above for all the details on the program, speakers, how to register, and more!
- In-depth pre-conference workshops to help farmers and producers with practical solutions: How to form a successful co-op, food safety for produce growers, and productive and profitable eco-farming (both livestock and crops).
- Top speakers on a variety of topics including nutrition, sustainable sourcing at restaurants and retailers, food waste, water policy, farm support programs, GMOs, food freedom, and more.
- Keynote speaker Dr. John Ikerd, farmer, economics professor, author, and a leading speaker in the sustainability revolution.
- Networking with individuals and businesses who care about our local farms and food
- Enjoy a delicious lunch each day prepared with local and organic ingredients.
Farm & Ranch Freedom Alliance
QUESTIONS? Contact Teresa@farmandranchfreedom.org or call (254) 697-2661.
Watch the video created by the Food Studies Project at the University of Texas at Austin from the 2012 conference: