FARFA has developed resources to help farmers, farmers markets, and food businesses navigate the COVID-19 crisis.
If your farm or farmers’ market may be closed due to a shelter-in-place order or other local restriction, check out the sample letter, that sets out why food producers and retailers — including farmers’ markets – are essential services that need to remain open. We have supporting materials from the federal government and multiple states linked in the letter.
If you need help advocating for your market or farm to stay open, contact Judith@FarmAndRanchFreedom.org.
If you are concerned about your employees being stopped while traveling for their job, see our sample travel authorization letter here.
Many additional resources are posted on the Council for Healthy Food Systems’ website:
- Safety measures for farms and farmworkers
- A list of open Texas farmers’ markets and farms taking new customers.
- Options for selling online.
- Other guidance on adjusting your business during this pandemic.
- Financial resources; both loans and grants.
The National Family Farm Coalition, of which FARFA is a member, has posted a good statement about the latest stimulus package.